At your difficult time, it's important to know that the firm you are choosing represents the highest of standards and professionalism. By the very nature of their association with ODFSA, they have shown their deep compassion towards attaining the highest standards for their families and communities. Their constant dedication to keeping themselves up to date on all of the latest legislative, consumer protection, advanced learning and caring practices is why you can choose an ODFSA Member firm with confidence.
The strength in membership comes in the form of strength in numbers. ODFSA represents a coalition of professional family owned funeral homes who believe that a solid future for funeral service is based on the collective insight and dedication from caring professionals. This unified voice helps to shape and provide the professional standards that families and communities count on in their time of need.
Are you looking for a job in the funeral industry? You've come to the right place! Please browse through the current job listings available in the area in the section below.
LICENSED FUNERAL DIRECTOR/EMBALMER POSITION AVAILABLE
Beechwood Funeral, Cemetery and Cremation Services
Beechwood, Funeral, Cemetery and Cremation Services is a fast growing full service funeral, cemetery and cremation provider located in The Nation’s Capital, currently serving close to 400 families per year, owned by The Beechwood Cemetery Foundation, a not-for-profit company.
In 2012, in response to the long-standing wishes of the client families of Beechwood Cemetery, Beechwood began providing the full range of Funeral, Memorial, and Celebration of Life services, under its then new name: Beechwood, Cemetery and Funeral Services.
We are growing quickly and to maintain our growth, position our firm for the future, and to continue to provide first quality services to our client families, we are accepting resumes from Funeral Directors wishing to join our existing team. The successful candidate will possess;
· A Funeral Director – Class 1 licence in good standing with the Ontario Board of Funeral Services.
· A valid driver’s licence.
· In-depth experience in all facets of Funeral Service.
· Above average computer skills (Microsoft Office; funeral software).
· The ability to multi-task in a typical funeral home setting.
· A strong work ethic and ability to work well in a team setting as well as work with limited supervision.
· The desire and ability to work toward serving the client families respecting the visions and values of Beechwood.
· The desire to work toward career advancement within Beechwood.
· Must possess a strong skill-set in meeting with client families to guide them through the organization and completion of the funeral arrangement process(es), and be capable in directing Funeral and Memorial Services in the funeral home setting as well as church/offsite settings.
· Bilingualism (French/English) requested.
Please forward resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
280 ave. Beechwood Ave. P.O. Box 7025, Ottawa, Ontario K1L 8E2
Tel: 613-741-9530 Fax: 613-741-5238 Toll Free / Sans Frais: 1-866-990-9530 www.beechwoodottawa.ca
Funeral Co-operative of Ottawa – Licensed Funeral Director
Ottawa Mortuary Services Ltd.
Ottawa Mortuary Services Ltd. is currently hiring to fill numerous non licensed part time positions. Duties may include; Removals from place of death, long distance transfers out of town, coach driver, limousine driver, family sedan driver, answering phones, cleaning vehicles, assembling cremation containers and Air trays, assisting with ship out documents etc.... Please forward you resume to email@example.com or fax 613-787-7722
Ottawa Mortuary Services Ltd. is currently hiring to fill numerous part time Licensed Funeral Director positions. Canadates must have a valid Ontario Funeral Directors Licence. Duties may include but are not limited to: Embalming, directing funerals, arranging funerals, leading funerals into the city, arranging ship outs internationally, answering incoming calls etc.. Please forward your resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 613-787-7722.
*Candidates must also be willing to work overnights and weekends in both of the above positions mentioned.
Please visit www.ottawamortuaryservices.com for more information.